Our Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys can give you the financial freedom you want without the headache.
You have the chance to wipe the slate clean, cancel all of your debts, and a fresh start. Also known as “liquidation bankruptcy,” Chapter 7 is the most common form of bankruptcy in the United States. It is easy, painless, and worry-free. You will be able to:
- Stop creditors in their tracks. The moment you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, creditors are no longer able to attempt collection activities from you. This means filing a bankruptcy immediately stops any garnishments, foreclosures or pending lawsuits. In short, the “automatic stay” under the bankruptcy code protects you and gives you some peace of mind immediately.
- Eliminate many types of debt and get a fresh start without repaying any of your dischargeable debts.
- Possibly keep any property you own, such as your house or your car, if you are up-to-date on all of your payments for that property.
Am I eligible for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
If you feel buried under a burden of debt with no viable way to pay it off, Chapter 7 bankruptcy might be the perfect option for you. The only way to know for sure whether you qualify for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is to schedule a free consultation with one of our highly experienced lawyers.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is not available for individuals who have had a bankruptcy case dismissed within the past 180 days.
- Everyone who files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy goes through the “Means Test,” which simply determines if your current household income is at or below the median of households your size in the city or county where you live. If your income is at or below the median, Chapter 7 may be the bankruptcy option for you.
If you have any questions on the eligibility or process, schedule a free consultation with one of our expert Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys today. We’ll answer all of your questions and set you on the path to financial freedom.