Medical Marijuana has been legal in Las Vegas and the State of Nevada since 2000, but until 2013, the program was limited only to a self-grow structure, and the challenge of cultivating this challenging crop combined with the conditions and symptoms it alleviates meant that the program was only undertaken by a handful of local citizens.
Even with the legalization of the recreational use of marijuana with Nevada Law 453D, conflicts between federal, state, and local law mean that even the most well-intended medical marijuana patients can end up in trouble.
As one of the pioneer firms in both business and personal registration under the new laws, Half Price Lawyers stands ready to offer as good of a legal defense team as you’ll find anywhere in the state. That’s right, Half Price Lawyers possesses not only the expertise to offer you exceptional criminal defense representation, but we also know the medical marijuana laws that can lead to your exoneration.
Nevada’s Medical Marijuana statutes provide exemption from a number of marijuana-related charges, including:
- Possession, delivery or production of marijuana;
- Possession or delivery of drug paraphernalia;
- Aiding and abetting another in the possession, delivery or production of marijuana;
- Aiding and abetting another in the possession or delivery of drug paraphernalia;
- Any combination of the acts described above, inclusive; and
- Any other criminal offense in which the possession, delivery or production of marijuana or the possession or delivery of drug paraphernalia is an element.
In addition, the law provides exemptions for “being in the presence or vicinity of” medical marijuana and for designated primary caregivers. Defense against these charges is not standard, everyday legal defense, and should not be left to your traffic-ticket lawyer.
Don’t take chances with your rights or your freedom. Let us help you defend your legal marijuana use, and make an appointment to meet with one of our attorneys today!